miércoles, 26 de marzo de 2008

Parkinson


Hello, I’m going to talk about Parkinson.
Today’s entry is dedicated to my grandfather, because he has the disease.
There isn’t a cure for Parkinson yet, but I really hope that soon they will and he’ll get better, he can only do the treatment to get the disease controlled.
Parkinson is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system that affects the motor skills and speech, a term which refers to the syndrome of tremor, rigidity, slowing physical movement and postural inability.
It is really hard to see him like that. He was a really healthy and sporty man, he tried to hide his disease for many months, and he used to grab his hand so we wouldn’t notice the shake. He used to play tennis with my mom, my dad and I, until one day he fell down and then all the family found out what was going on with him. Since the disease got stronger, he started to getting older more quickly, he still do exercises, the ones he can do, but, he can’t walk and eat or even talk the way he used to, you can talk to him, but actually understand only some parts of the things he’s saying. This is a hereditary disease my great-grandmother had it and he has it, it is said that it isn’t common in women is more likely to happen in men.
And well that’s it for this week, until next week and grandpa, I love you!
xoxo

No hay comentarios: